Monday, August 11, 2008

Lake Pushaw, Maine

Caught a fish! That said, it was at 0700 with no one else to witness the event. Once I realized I caught it I thought "where is John"...I was not quite sure what to do with it! Luckily it knew that and broke away from the hook...whew...saved me having to a. detach it or b. run to the house and have John remove it (such a girl in some ways).
Slightly overcast today...so we headed out to Camden (about 2 hours). On the way we stopped in Belfast...no not ireland....but Maine. Maine it seems has mainly foreign countries in its state borders...Bath, york, Paris, lisbon, Poland etc. So we stopped right around lunch...too bad cause I had to of course have a lobsta roll....yummo! We ate at a walk up place at a picnic table. Straight lobsta...a very tiny bit of mayo on a toasted potato roll. I must say lobster could possibly be the only reason to come to Maine...if you need one.
One Camden...very touristy but a great waterfront with at least 5 to 6 Schooners in the harbor! Headed back to Bangor and had a fabulous italian dinner at massmimo's....this guy use to work and cook in New york...he is from Rome...great cheaf and a great host. Had a fabo osso bucco and a wine from Piemonte! In Maine! Really, better than anything in little italy in Baltimore.
On the way home avoided hitting a skunk...yeah!
Gotta love Maine! hopefully water skiing tomorrow...if the weather holds.

1 comment:

pjeever said...

I see I could teach you a thing or two about the fine art of fishing. . .and how to increase the size of the "one that got away" story so that it is a plausible, yet fascinating take! Glad you're having a good time.

PJE