Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day on the Lake and Acadia




Yesterday was the first true sunny day here so we took the opportunity to go to Acadia National Park. Unfirtunately every other person in the whole world thought of it too. Jean and John said they never saw it so packed! Minus any parking anywhere we pulled in to Jorden Pound, parking illegally, everyone else was doing it, and dropped Page off to do her 20ish mile loop. We headed to Northeast Harbor and had a picnic...then the seal beach and then back to pick up Page. After getting the bike on the car we headed up to Cadillac Mountain. First time either Page or I had been up when it was not foggy. Well this time, spectacular views of Frenchman Bay, including Jordan Island...I think I finally pick out the right one Alicia.


Then we headed home, stopping at a lobster shack for some live Maine lobster...John cooked, we et and we all had a real nice time!




This morning was another slow Maine burn...so we slowly burned with it...blueberry pancakes at 1030...crazy! By one we were on the boat and my attempt at water skiing This is the first time in 20-25 years failed miserably! I was able to hand on the tube which was quite fun. What made it worse was that everyone else got up....argh! I hate old knees and old shoulders!


Then John and I went out to the market...when I go back I headed to the dock once more to try my hand at this illusive "sport" they call fishing. I have not had much luck in the last 4 or five days. So I tried John's super duper poll and lure and within 6 casts I had a pickeral...shouted for John because, it dawned on me that I had never taken a fish off a hook...and this fish was nasty looking, especially the teeth. Then John went back in to cook dinner...and within 4 casts I had a small mouth bass on my line...shouting for John one more time!!! This time John said...no more fishing I have to cook dinner...so alas, not knowing how to actually take the thing off the hook I retired, for now, after a somewhat successfull day on the lake.

No comments: